September 18, 2023—How much of your medical aesthetics business are you sacrificing because you don’t own an advanced laser and light-powered vascular platform?
Patients today are searching for effective, non-invasive solutions for their skin concerns. Many of these concerns are vascular, including port wine stains, hemangiomas, warts, telangiectasia, rosacea, venous lakes, leg veins, spider veins, acne scars, and more.
Dr. Sherrif Ibrahim, MD, Ph.D., a dermatologist and founder of Rochester Dermatologic Surgery in Rochester, NY, commonly sees patients bothered by red spots on their faces, such as unwanted spider angiomas or vessels.1
“A lot of patients come to me from other cosmetic practices because they didn’t have a laser for [vascular]. That’s the easiest thing to treat, and I retain that patient. So, if you’re not offering a vascular skin solution for your cosmetic laser patients, you’re going to lose those patients.” 1
If you’re a medical practice offering aesthetic services, or if you already own a Sciton platform with award-winning treatments like HALO®, Moxi™, or BBL® HERO™, adding a vascular platform like Sciton’s mJOULE, now with 1064, can help you gain a competitive edge in today’s market.
Retain your existing patient base, attract new patients, and open the door to a potentially lucrative revenue stream with the mJOULE vascular platform, now configurable with 1064 ClearV®, ClearSilk®, and the exclusive 532+™ BBL® filter.
Read on to discover the benefits of adding this versatile vascular platform to your practice.
Treat nearly every vascular indication with ClearV
Sciton’s 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser, ClearV, is the most incredible vascular device on the market, according to Dr. Antonio Campo Voegeli, MD, director of Médico Clínica Campo-Optimage in Barcelona, Spain.2
ClearV clears target vessels on the face and body without damaging the skin. Undesirable visible vessels and unwanted subsurface vessels, including broken capillaries, facial telangiectasias, periorbital veins, reticular veins, rosacea, venous lakes, warts, and port wine stains fade over time and become less noticeable.
Results can be seen in as little as one session. Providers typically space ClearV treatments 4-6 weeks apart.
Revitalize and refresh skin with ClearSilk
Dubbed the ‘lunchtime facial’ for its quick and comfortable application, ClearSilk (1064 nm Nd:YAG) is the perfect non-ablative laser treatment for first-time laser patients or those who want to maintain a youthful appearance without the recovery time of an ablative resurfacing treatment.
ClearSilk’s gentle yet powerful technology softens fine lines and wrinkles and reduces the appearance of uneven texture, pigmented lesions, rosacea, blushing and flushing, redness, and (acne) scars for a smoother, more vibrant complexion. The treatment provides the appearance of tighter and plumper skin with buildable results over time.
ClearSilk may also be used as a gentle and effective treatment alternative for acne in younger patients.
Providers often recommend ClearSilk in packages of 4-6 and perform treatments as often as every week. Many patients return monthly as part of a year-round treatment regimen. Clear Silk may be used throughout the year, including the summer months.
Studies substantiate 1064 nm Nd:YAG lasers’ efficacy
1064 nm Nd:YAG lasers have been substantiated by scientific research and numerous published papers. Below are a few studies reinforcing this technology’s credibility in treating a multitude of skin concerns on all complexions.
- A National Library of Medicine study found that 1064 nm Nd:YAG lasers are safe and effective for improving facial acne scarring with minimal discomfort and no downtime.3
- 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser treatments improved atrophic scarring in darker skin types with a reduced risk of pigment complications and patient discomfort.4
- Research suggests that 1064 nm Nd:YAG lasers could be a useful treatment alternative for patients with mild onychomycosis.5
- Findings from one study revealed that 1064 nm Nd:YAG lasers are suitable for treating larger and deeply located veins in patients with dark skin types.6
- Almost 100% of study participants reported an improvement in the appearance of dilated pores, skin texture, and wrinkles with no treatment-related adverse effects with a 1064 laser treatment.7
- In a study published in the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, patients with skin types Fitzpatrick I- VI treated with a 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser experienced a clinical reduction in the thickness and erythema of keloids scars. The 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser did not cause post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation, which are common concerns for skin types V to VI, and therefore, was found to be a suitable option for darker skin types.8
Perform year-round on skin types I-VI and sun-exposed skin
ClearV and ClearSilk’s 1064 nm wavelength is ideal for treating skin of color and sun exposed skin because of its lower absorption into melanin. Both treatments are considered safe and efficacious for all skin types year-round.
Easily delegate and train staff members
Clear V and ClearSilk’s technological design features, including an intuitive and easy-to-use interface, allow providers to easily delegate the treatment to staff.
Always check your state’s regulations before delegating treatment.
- Easily access the correct application software and safe start treatment settings with indication-driven software
- Cover a larger treatment area in less time with increased spot sizes between 7-10 mm
- Maintain the appropriate treatment distance from the skin for even heating with a visual distance guide
- Accurately measure the skin’s temperature between 32-42° C with built-in temperature sensing
- Determine safe start settings and treatment range based on a few key selections with indication-driven software
- Illuminate visible and hidden subsurface and feeder veins for more precise treatment with Subsurface Vein Illumination (SVI™)
- Instantly change the spot size between 3-10 mm with VascuZoom, an adjustable spot size ring directly on the touch display
- Keep patients comfortable and achieve consistent outcomes with adjustable integrated cooling, which optimizes the temperature in 1-degree increments between 5-25˚ C
Patients love no downtime, pre-event aesthetic treatments
ClearSilk is the most popular treatment in my office, says Dr. Rebecca Gelber, MD, owner of Tahoe Aesthetic Medicine in Incline Village, NV.
“This is the first treatment I have felt comfortable doing the day before a wedding, even the day of a wedding [or special event] because I know there are going be no complications, no swelling or signs I did anything, but people will just glow,” says Dr. Gelber. “Mostly, their skin is smoother. They feel like they just put on a perfect coat of primer and a photo finish, air brush kind of makeup. There’s this glow that comes after [ClearSilk] that is very consistent and makes patients so happy.” 9
Dr. Gelber says she performs ClearSilk before other treatments like Botox® or fillers. Patients comment that ClearSilk’s no-contact treatment ‘feels like a hot stone massage,’ she says. Many remark that their skin glows and feels tighter immediately after the procedure.
ClearSilk and ClearV are typically performed in 10-30 minutes with minimal to no recovery time. Patients can resume daily activities and apply makeup immediately after.
No disposables, anesthetics, or ultrasound gel are required with ClearSilk or ClearV.
Stack treatments for optimal results with less downtime
Providers with Sciton’s JOULE® or mJOULE™ platforms often combine ClearV and ClearSilk with other Sciton modalities, such as BroadBand light (BBL®), ProFractional™, HALO®, and Moxi™, for enhanced outcomes with less downtime.
ClearSilk is performed before injectables and is often included in stacked treatments to speed up healing and amplify results, says Dr. Gelber.
According to Dr. Campo, lasers should always be performed first because of the change in skin quality they achieve, and then Botox and other neurotoxins may be used as alternative treatments.2
BBL HERO and ClearSilk
BBL, followed by ClearSilk, is the best no-downtime procedure for skin concerns like rosacea, poikiloderma, and photoaging, says Dr. Gelber.
This treatment combination visibly improves uneven skin texture, pore size, dull complexion, rosacea, flushing, diffuse redness, and port wine stains for the appearance of healthy and even-toned skin anywhere on the body.
BBL HERO and ClearV
Several case studies have demonstrated the efficacy of using ClearV (Nd:YAG 1064 nm) together with BBL for port wine stains. ClearV and BBL were also found successful at addressing deep hypertrophic lesions with high vascular complexity. 6
ClearV with 532+ BBL filter
ClearV, when paired with the new and exclusive 532+ BBL narrow-band filter, and in combination with the 3 mm conical adapter, precisely targets small vascular indications, such as telangiectasia, poikiloderma, and cherry angiomas in skin types I-III.
ClearSilk, ClearV & 532+ BBL filter
ClearSilk, ClearV, and the 532+ BBL narrow-band filter may be used together for the ultimate vascular and skin revitalization solution on the mJOULE vascular platform.
Ready to add a versatile vascular platform to your practice?
Don’t sacrifice a portion of your business. Invest in Sciton’s mJOULE, now with 1064, and start earning revenue with the most advanced vascular system on the market. Fill out this short form to connect with a sales consultant near you.
3Lipper GM, Perez M. Nonablative acne scar reduction after a series of treatments with a short-pulsed 1,064-nm neodymium:YAG laser. Dermatol Surg. 2006 Aug;32(8):998-1006. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-4725.2006.32222.x. PMID: 16918561.
4Badawi, A., Tome, M. A., Atteya, A., Sami, N., & Morsy, A. L. (2011). Retrospective analysis of non-ablative scar treatment in dark skin types using the sub-millisecond Nd:YAG 1,064 nm Laser. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, 43(2), 130-136.
6Meesters AA, Pitassi LH, Campos V, Wolkerstorfer A, Dierickx CC. Transcutaneous laser treatment of leg veins. Lasers Med Sci. 2014 Mar;29(2):481-92. doi: 10.1007/s10103-013-1483-2. Epub 2013 Nov 13. PMID: 24220848.
7Tanaka Y, Matsuo K, Yuzuriha S. Objective assessment of skin rejuvenation using near-infrared 1064-nm neodymium: YAG laser in Asians. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2011;4:123-30. doi: 10.2147/CCID.S22841. Epub 2011 Jul 27. PMID: 21833163; PMCID: PMC3149480.